In all our official dealers in France and foreign countries. Go to “find a dealer” page to target the store nearest you. Your dealer will give you quality advice and will be your privileged link with the ROOF company.
Only the problems connected to the manufacture and preventing a normal use of the helmets are covered by the warranty. Subjective problems associated with its use (size, comfort, weight, noise, ..) and normal wear are obviously not covered.
Any helmet that has sustained an impact shall not be covered by the warranty.
ROOF helmets are covered by warranty from the date of purchase and for a period of 3 years while the visor shall be covered for 1 year (except Iridescent visor), for any manufacturing defect assessed by our customer service. ROOF undertakes the cost of spare parts and labor related to these problems (within the limits of the purchase value of the helmet). Excluding warranty extension activated on the website, these warranty periods cannot be extended under any circumstances, even if the helmet or the visor has been requiring intervention or immobilization.
To send your helmet to customer service, thank you for going through your dealer.
Will not be covered by this warranty :
- A helmet-impacted by a fall, an accident, …
- Any alteration on the helmet by a third party not authorized by us (removal of adhesives, paint, accessories not approved by Roof, installation screws…)
- The use on helmet of chemical products that have visibly altered the quality of helmets or its visor,
- Prolonged exposure of the helmet to a heat source or radiation which may alter particular color quality paints, interior damping system or dressing,
- A lack of maintenance of the helmet,
- Normal wear of materials: inner lining, scratch on visor and helmet… and due to a normal use of the helmet,
- A subjective judgment of the user of the helmet: acoustic comfort, comfort inner lining, size, aesthetics, quality of color, decorations…
- The use of the helmet in other situations than the normal driving of motorized land vehicles
To give you maximum safety, the helmet must be well adapted to the size of your head, a helmet is a strictly personal protection element. Put on the headset, hold it firmly with both hands, you should be able to turn your head in any direction inside the helmet. If you manage to turn your head easily, the helmet is too big. If the helmet is too much pressure on your head, it's probably too small and may cause headaches and reduce your concentration. Once tight chin strap, the helmet should not be able to tilt your head.
Correspondind sizes :
XS 54 cm
S 56 cm
SM 57 cm
M 58 cm
L 60 cm
XL 61 cm
XXL 63 cm
Ask your official dealer ROOF: it will help you choose the helmet perfectly adapted to your head. All ROOF helmets, there are different thicknesses cheeks or dress so you can match the comfort of your morphology helmet
WARNING : For cleaning, never use alcohol or hydrocarbon solvent and window cleaning products. Clean your helmet only with lukewarm water and mild soap. Do not apply any varnish or adhesive.
It is recommended, between each use, to store the helmets in the specific fabric bag, making sure before that its inside is dry. Do not store the helmet near a source of heat or UV radiations , in a wet place, or with high thermal amplitudes which risk affecting the color quality of the paintings, the damping system or the inner lining.
( Specifically for BOXER models : in order to optimize the working and waterproofness between the visor and the chin, it is advisable to store the helmet with the visor closed and locked to the chin for the foams to be protected. )
To clean the outside of your helmet, use soapy water and a soft cloth.
How to clean the inner lining :
- Remove the parts of the inner lining (when the helmet is equipped with a removable inner lining)
- Hand clean hand fabrics and foams with soapy water
- Rinse, slightly, with clear water
- Then let it dry
- Replace your inner lining by following the instructions booklet of the helmet
How to clean the visor :
It is necessary to replace your visor when it is scratched, especially if you ride at night. Tinted screens are only suitable for daytime use.
- Remove your screen by following the instructions in the manual of your helmet (for DESMO, see FAQ question “How to remove my DESMO visor?”)
- Clean only with water
- Wipe with a soft cloth
- Install your visor by following the instructions in the manual of your helmet
A well maintained helmet is the guarantee of effective protection !
Because of technological processes, it is not we can make custom helmet. Most of the production standard, however, cover a wide range of requirements as it offers sizes ranging from XS (54 cm head circumference) to XXL (63 centimeters).
We do not recommend specific brands, but the products sold by specialty props are compatible with our products. For Jet and modular helmets make sure you use a kit with micro rod. Desmo has a removable foam patch at the bottom of the cheeks comfort.
This label is important because it provides evidence and forensic evidence that the helmet is approved. The first letter E, followed by a number, says the Ministry of European transport guarantor of approval (E3 = Italy, E1 = Germany, UK = E11, etc ..). The second multi-digit number (. Eg 051111) is unique to the helmet model; it provides the link with the approval certificate and with the entire test documentation that form. In short, it is the link with the headset concept data. After this issue, the following letters appear alternately:
P =helmet also protects the chin
NP =helmet does not protect the chin
J =jet helmet
P/J =also protecting helmet chin + jet helmet
The last number several numbers, one for each physical helmet can trace the batch and date of production and, consequently, the information on the production process.
Before choosing a helmet, a modular or a jet, it must first clearly identify its needs. Indeed, a helmet jet suit an essentially urban use and a pleasant climate, however, it should not for use on motorways or just in a very cold region. Another example, a modular helmet will be highly appreciated for its convenience, unlike a helmet more difficult to put on and not allowing an opening of the chin at low speed or stop ... All this to say that there is no perfect and universal helmet model, in fact, every user will find, according to its selection criteria and use, the headset that will fit him.
The key questions to ask to make a choice:
- Which frequency of use (daily, once on weekends, ...)?
- What use (urban, motorway, ...)?
- What climate (hot region, cold, wet, ...)?
- What time of use for each output?
Generally, the screens have a button or a specific shape to be activated. These are generally located outside the field of view, so it is advisable to use them. Some screens have a scratch-resistant coating, it allows to push in time the appearance of scratches. However, these coatings are not quick fixes, so it is strongly recommended to operate the screen using the gloves on the optical part. When cleaning, use only clean water and a soft cloth.